Difference between revisions of "Talk:Object instance format"
From VCMI Project Wiki
(Created page with "== Possible enchancements == * Mine : "army" - already supported by engine, but can't be configured in map * Random dwelling : instead of using "linked" field just don't save ...")
Revision as of 22:51, 4 July 2015
- Mine : "army" - already supported by engine, but can't be configured in map
- Random dwelling : instead of using "linked" field just don't save unused field. So if dwelling is linked "sameAsTown" is present, while "allowedFactions" is not and vice versa.
- Random dwelling : Perhaps we can find better way to store references to other object without specifying coordinates? By some unique ID for example? (same applies to quests and what else uses such scheme)
- Scholar : save only active reward? Scholar with skill will have "skill" : "wisdom", scholar with spell will have "spell" : "magicArrow" field
- Monster : remove "randomCount" - if "count" is not defined, assume that count is random
- Stack instance: "creCount" -> "amount" - readability
- Stack instance: "creID" -> "type" - readability
- Garrison: "garrison" -> "army" - for consistency with hero, town, etc.
- Hero: "sex" (string) -> "female" (bool) - to match engine & modding format
- Hero: "id" - I don't like this word. Type? Base Hero?
- Check for case inconsistencies - I see "spellID" and "spellId" in some fields. Same applies to other types of id's
- Or just remove "id" part from all fields. "spell" : "slow". Looks fine for me.
- IIRC there is difference between "empty" garrison in town and "undefined" garrison. Game spawns 1-2 stack in town for undefined garrisons. For format that means that entry with 0 items is not identical to lack of entry.
- Any reason to have any actual default values? What "mana" : -1 means for hero? If default value should be used then just don't write this entry in map. (or write null entry: "mana" : null).