Installation on macOS
For iOS installation look here: https://wiki.vcmi.eu/Installation_on_iOS
Download and install VCMI
- The latest release (recommended): https://github.com/vcmi/vcmi/releases/latest
- Daily builds (might be unstable)
- Intel (x86_64) builds: https://builds.vcmi.download/branch/develop/macOS/intel
- Apple Silicon (arm64) builds: https://builds.vcmi.download/branch/develop/macOS/arm
If the app doesn't open, right-click the app bundle - select Open menu item - press Open button.
Please report about gameplay problem on forums: Help & Bugs
If your problem is Mac-specific: DMG corrupted or if it doesn't start please use following topic:
Make sure to specify what hardware and macOS version you use.
Installing Heroes III data files
- Find a way to unpack Windows Heroes III or GOG installer. For example, use
vcmibuilderscript inside app bundle or install the game with CrossOver / Wineskin.
- Copy (or symlink) Data, Maps and Mp3 directories from Heroes III to:
Connect to the mod repository (optional)
- If that's your first installation, connection to the mod repository will be configured automatically, you'll see mods available to install from VCMI launcher
- We recommend you to install VCMI extras to support different screen resolutions and active various helpful UI tools
- If you don't see mods available to install, go to settings tab of the launcher and make sure that you have correct link in "repositories" text field: