Difference between revisions of "Installation on Windows"
From VCMI Project Wiki
m (Protected "Installation on Windows" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 22:48, 16 February 2021
Step 1: Download and install VCMI
- Daily builds (reccomended): https://builds.vcmi.download/branch/develop/Windows/
Newest one should be the best one.
- Please report about problems on forums: Help & Bugs
- old 2016's year release (not reccomended, archive version): 0.99
Step 2: Installing Heroes III data files
- Install Heroes III from disk or using GOG installer.
- Copy "Data", "Maps" and "Mp3" from Heroes III to:
Create this folder if it doesnt exist yet
Step 3: (for daily builds) download and copy and enable Essential Package
- For some technical reasons its not currently included in game installation package and needs to be downloaded and activated seperately
- download "VCMI essential files mods" from here https://wiki.vcmi.eu/Mod_list#Utilities
- After unpacking, copy folder Mods to your main VCMI directory
- When launching game, please enable "VCMI essential files" as well as its sub-elements: Andruids Bonus Icons, Bonus Icons, Spell Immunity bonus icons, Extra resolutions and Default templates.