Difference between revisions of "Installation on Android"
m (Protected "Installation on Android" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 22:48, 16 February 2021
- 1 Download and install VCMI
- 2 Installing Heroes III data files
- 3 Troubleshooting / well known issues
- 3.1 The game crashes on start
- 3.2 I installed google play version, but have a problem while installing daily builds
- 3.3 I installed play version, but the screen is flashing on its edges
- 3.4 I use newest daily builds. The game always starts in 800x600 resolution, cannot effectively change it, also there is a lot of blank space on my widescreen device
- 3.5 Other problems
Download and install VCMI
This app requires original heroes 3 sod / complete files to operate, they are not supplied with this installer. it is recommended to purchase version from gog.com. Heroes 3 "hd edition" (steam version) files are not supported !!!
Installation is a two step process, at first you need to install game, then you need to upload Heroes3 original data files into your android device.
- Newest daily builds: https://builds.vcmi.download/branch/develop/Android/
- Tested daily build (from 21.07.2019): on Google Play.
Please note that Google Play version, while being a tested and proven one, contains bugs and problems that were fixed in later versions.
Installing Heroes III data files
- Find a way to unpack Windows Heroes III or GOG installer.
- Connect your device to PC and enable file transfer.
- Copy "Data", "Maps" and "Mp3" from Heroes III to:
External storage is whatever system returns as "external storage directory", so either actual sdcard, or internal memory if sdcard isn’t available.
You are not a tech person, and want a videoguide how to do it? see youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGO1I3asquY
Troubleshooting / well known issues
The game crashes on start
Please double check that you copied original SoD/Complete game files into your Android Device
Another common cause of crash is when users set resolution higher than their device screen resolution.
For android we recommend to set a rather low resolution anyway, such as 1024x600, as high resolution means elements will be small and will be hard to click and read.
I installed google play version, but have a problem while installing daily builds
Solution: Uninstall google play version first, before installing daily build version.
I installed play version, but the screen is flashing on its edges
Solution: This problem is fixed in current daily builds. Either install a current daily build, or wait for a new google play version.
I use newest daily builds. The game always starts in 800x600 resolution, cannot effectively change it, also there is a lot of blank space on my widescreen device
Solution: Please download "VCMI essential files mods" from here https://wiki.vcmi.eu/Mod_list#Utilities, unpack it and copy Mods folder into vcmi-data that you put original game files.
Resolution setting 1024x600 is better than original 800x600 for widescreen mobile phones.
- Please report about gameplay problem on forums: Help & Bugs
If your problem is Android-specific: APK not installing of game doesn't start please use following topic:
Make sure to specify your device and used version of Android.